Jayson asked me to write a sci-fi sonnet about his cats, Mr. Murdock and Onyx, and how they felt about spiders.
Onyx, Queen of the Spiders
While Mr. Murdock licks his paws and mewls
- his partner, Onyx, studies the terrain.
- She sneers at those poor unenlightened fools
- who've fled. Now only she and Murd remain.
- From out the window all across the land
- each speck of earth is covered by their legs.
- These Spiders! They've consumed the rock and sand
- and drained the oceans to arachnid dregs.
- They had the chance to board that fateful ship
- that left the earth. The cats were fully warned.
- But something caused her to rethink the trip.
- She's wanted to be queen since she was born.
- The spiders are fine subjects. Who'd foreseen?
- And plus, they're quite delicious. High protein.
- Check for updates!! http://spidercultthemusical.com