Friday, November 20, 2015
- J. Johnson asked for a sonnet about sailboats, time, grape leaves, and red hair. So I give you...
The Last Redhead
The world's last redhead flees the forest pines.
- For months she hasn't had a night of sleep.
- The melody of windsong sounds like whines.
- The fairies and their dances make her weep.
- When she was younger, everywhere she saw
- bright manes like hers reflected in relations.
- Now hers seems like a monstrous tragic flaw.
- She stands right out in any situation.
- She finds the ocean, nestles down, and grieves –
- nowhere for her to go but to the sea.
- Then she recalls the bundle of strong leaves
- she gathered at the local winery.
- Now alone, upon a grape-leaf boat,
- the world's last redhead voyages afloat.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Jayson asked me to write a sci-fi sonnet about his cats, Mr. Murdock and Onyx, and how they felt about spiders.
Onyx, Queen of the Spiders
While Mr. Murdock licks his paws and mewls
- his partner, Onyx, studies the terrain.
- She sneers at those poor unenlightened fools
- who've fled. Now only she and Murd remain.
- From out the window all across the land
- each speck of earth is covered by their legs.
- These Spiders! They've consumed the rock and sand
- and drained the oceans to arachnid dregs.
- They had the chance to board that fateful ship
- that left the earth. The cats were fully warned.
- But something caused her to rethink the trip.
- She's wanted to be queen since she was born.
- The spiders are fine subjects. Who'd foreseen?
- And plus, they're quite delicious. High protein.
- Check for updates!! http://spidercultthemusical.com