Wednesday, August 24, 2011

new split EP and sort-of band with Speaker for the Dead

Long time no write. I know. I suck. I'm a Facebook whore now.

I'm planning on coming back to this blog to more cohesively chronicle the madness that is my life, but in the meantime, the big news.

I have sort-of a band, meaning my friend Greg McKillop, aka Speaker for the Dead and I play shows together a lot, and he plays drums for me while I play guitar and sing, and plays behind my poems, and then we both play our acoustic stuff and sing on each other's songs, and that's sort of like a band, right? Anyway, we've played in Portland and New York and it went over super well, and we can't wait to do it again and again and again.

Here's a split EP we recorded together in my room. Two are mine, two are his.


Also, my trip to the Bay Area was massively successful and life-changing. The lecture for More Popular Than Jesus went off as well as we could have dreamed, and I met a bunch of brilliant, vibrant poets around the scene out there. Am seriously thinking of moving out there this coming spring.

More soon, I promise!

No comments: