Monday, September 13, 2010

birthday post



birthday photo by caleb


Last Thursday was my birthday. It's been my tradition to do a sum-up/gazing-nobly-forward bog entry on or around my birthday for the past five years or so. No time to stop now.

This past year has honestly been the best year of my life so far. My first book was officially published, I went on two independent tours of the country performing, met incredible people, reconnected with the hippy parts of me, began writing songs to unbelievable support and response, and became so much less fraught and worried in general about where my life is going.

I have an insanely talented, giving network of friends who I am absolutely in love with. I have an incredible family who are weird and quirky and so, so smart and interesting and all of whom love me and support me. Right now I am healthy, have shelter and good food and a high daily laughter quotient. In so many ways I am the luckiest person in the world. I will try to go into this year remembering that.

I'm not saying things don't get hard. I'm not saying I don't have moments, hours, and days where I freak out and curl into a Kafaesque ball because I am still pathetically poor and nothing in my future is guaranteed. But, as my mom said, I am free. Yes, I am freer than anyone else I know, and that is worth it.



This is as good as it gets.

2 comments:

Chad Parenteau said...

Congratulations on such an awesome year.

Albeiro LondoƱo y Gloria Angel said...

it"s a very good job congratulations from Medelln