Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back on Track

Okay. March sucked. I barely had time to shower I was so damn busy.

On the upside, most of what I was doing was positive. I started working for Somerville's Books of Hope, which is an awesome program that gives teens a safe space to express themselves through creative writing and performance. It was so nice to find this program and write a cover letter in which I actually believed everything I was writing. That never happens.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great gig and a fantastic opportunity, but it came at a time when I was already semi-overloaded getting ready for an April dedicated almost solely to writing new stuff. Updates to this blog have suffered as a result, and I've been using the more brief and immediate Facebook and email to communicate to the world.

Not sure if I wrote about this here, but the Spuyten Duyvil show at the Pierre Menard Gallery that was sponsored by Victory Brewing Company was a great success. The place was packed and everyone turned in a stellar performance. I would definitely plan another event there.

On the music front, my little songs are growing up! I've been recording with the help of the fantastic Lee Wizda, along with Joe and Ellie from Jeddo Stars. There should be a bona fide album out before the end of the year.


We're pretty cool.

Heading to Caleb's Artadia opening tomorrow night in South Boston, followed by La Vie Boheming somewheres.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: