Thursday, November 12, 2009

old friends and singing

Brunch today with ex-roomie, the fabulously talented Chris Johnson.  Eggs and grits and mango mimosas and talk about music and art.  Forget never being boring.  We'll never be bored. There is always so much to do, employed or not, dating or not.  So wonderful to remember that.

Yesterday I interviewed my old housemate Sara for The Boston Healing Blog.  It was great to reconnect with her.  She's a married, petite, blonde Christian girl who has her M.S. in biochemistry.  On paper, we are polar opposites, but we are actually the same person.  How did I forget how much I loved these people?

In other news, I went to my first singer-songwriter open mic this week and performed a couple originals.  I think I did pretty well.  Fortunately experience has pushed me past the major fear of making an ass out of myself on stage.  It's better to start when you're not ready and learn the world doesn't end if you don't knock them dead than wait neurotically till everything is "perfect," in my opinion.

Anyway, I plan to play songs more.  Hopefully I'll be in good shape to sing for my Lizard Lounge feature this Sunday.

No comments: