Monday, August 31, 2009

farms

Spent the weekend at Derek's parent's house and went to a pig roast on Sunday afternoon.  Best pulled pork I've ever had, plus the chance to pet real piggies and goats and play horseshoes while people sing karaoke under beg tents covering long picnic tables.  It made me feel a little homesick.

I was reading an article by Michael Pollan and I was struck by how much I've let myself slip since living here.  I who used to be a vegetarian, who only got her water RO style in reusable jugs from the co-op, who used to carry around straight-up hankercheifs to blow her nose on so as not to waste all that paper.  

One could argue that by living in a city, you use much less energy than by living in a more sprawled town environment. But the fact remains this has been a very important part of my life that I've sort of... forgotten about for the past few years.  It's time to be more conscientious.  

PS:  My last meal of today consisted of a bowl of 365 Organic Apple Cinnamon Os with soymilk, a spoonful of almond butter, a raw ear of corn on the cob from the farmer's market, and a vegan white russian.  What's the vote.  Sustainable or not?

1 comment:

llq said...

I get much in your theme really winter wedding dresses thank your very much i will come every day