Tuesday, August 4, 2009

NYC, Newport, Seagulls

Crazy weekend.  Friday awesome photographer Jamie Hankin brought me and Lauren down to NYC to be in a tattooed lady photography project.  We got to play around in the Saks Fifth Avenue studio in Manhattan off of Fifth Avenue and wear 900 dollar shoes.  He sent me home with a couple of polaroids.  I'll either scan those in or post the finished shots when he sends them to me.

Aside:  During the whole day, about 30 people came up to Lauren and me and made some sort of comment about our tattoos.  We decided we can't go places together.  People just can't take it.

Jess DB was able to come meet us for lunch.  She's doing so well studying nutrition in grad school.  Saying I'm proud of her isn't the right way to say it.  I guess I admire her.  Yeah, that sounds right.  Anyway, it was awesome to see her.

Saturday was the Newport Folk Festival.  The bands (The Decemberists, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Gillian Welch, The Avett Brothers) were insanely on-point.  And that location is absolutely breathtaking.  You're out on a peninsula with the bay behind you on this rocky beach with a long suspension bridge in the distance and about a hundred sailboats.  You're singing along with The Decemberists going "Hear all the bombs, they fade away!" and there are like seagulls soaring over your heads and the sun setting over the water.  It was ridiculous.  


No comments: