Sunday, July 19, 2009

Going Out

My house had a Southern-theme party this Saturday.  It was a smashing success, and I learned I can make an ambrosial butterscotch pie and dynamite mint juleps.

After the party all my friends went to Heroes at TTs.  I've had fun there in the past, but lately I haven't wanted to go out much.  Also, I spent a lot of money on the party, and TTs is notoriously expensive.  The last thing I wanted to do, in fact, was go to Heroes.  Derek and I watched an episode of Deadwood instead and went to bed.  It was exactly what I wanted to do, but still this morning when I saw all the fun facebook pictures of everyone out, I felt like a huge loser.  It's that classic FOMO (fear of missing out), or maybe I'm just worried I work too much or don't have enough fun.  

Whatever it is, it's probably not worth losing much sleep over.  I have a decent amount of fun, and a lot of my work now is fun, too.  And I'm saving to go on tour and for school.  I deserve to be lame, dammit

In the geeky fun department, I got my birthday present in the mail this week.  I can already do two finger rolls and play "The Streets of Laredo."  Watch out.


Photo by Vicki.

No comments: