Monday, April 20, 2009

The Hanged Man

I'm a student! I signed up for my first pre-req last week. I'll be taking abnormal psych this summer, which means I'll be extremely annoying to most of my friends and family, dismissing anything they say that I don't want to hear with zingers like "Stop acting so bipolar!" and "You're just projecting!"

But I feel good about it. I honestly feel better than I have in quite a while. I think if you just know how to listen, you know when you're on the right path or not. When I became really versed in the Tarot I could see the cause-and-effect patterns I was living as they happened. It's like I began to see those patterns again in the past couple of months. I'm starting to feel more connected to the currents around me, without the feeling of jadedness that has traditionally come with these crucible periods in my life - let's just call them The Hanged Man periods, for descriptive simplicity.

Phew. Yoga kicked my ass tonight. I'm freaking exhausted. See you in the morning.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That's so funny—right before I decided to go back to school I got the Hanged Man in a reading and was like, "Yep. I get it."

Re: your name change story–that's really cool. I definitely need to spend time to think about something that both sounds good and is meaningful. Was the transition strange for you?