Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tree Trimmings and Ink

This weekend I accidentally slipped into Old School Jade briefly. Sunday night at a tree trimming party of all things at Simone's surrounded by beautiful blown glass and beans and rice for dinner. The last thing I remember is sitting on the couch with Oz and April with a bottle of Knob Creek between my legs. Next thing I know I'm waking up in DJGW's bed with a fucking wicked headache. Apparently I ate desert and don't even remember, then went into the other room and passed out on the couch. I guess when he came in to wake me, I was crying a lot over something I don't remember and can't figure out.

I've been good lately, but I feel like this was a slip-up. It always sneaks up on you when you least expect it.

My tattoo is finished (well, except for the toes). Pictures soon. Now I need to decide which of the "on deck" ones comes next. I'm trying to limit myself to one a year so I don't end up like The Painted Lady or something.

The choices are:

1. Start on the other upper arm, a Thoth with hieroglyphics in the back (This will be a long and expensive project, one I probably can't swing this year.)

2. The words "Madame Psychosis" in honor of Infinite Jest and DFWRIP, all swirly and stylized on my upper back. (This is the direction I'm leaning, since I finished Infinite Jest this year and DFWRIP demapped himself this year as well.)

3. My dinosaur skeleton, which might go on the back of my calf, not sure yet, and needs some research and some planning.

Discuss, if you have any opinions on the matter.

No comments: