Sunday, December 14, 2008

I saw The Slutcracker this weekend. I saw so many people I know there. Leyna was in it, unbeknownst to me, so I got to see Caleb, and most of my girls were there. It was very well done. Classic burlesque. Instead of a little girl getting a nutcracker, an older girl gets a dildo, which grows to unusual size, comes to life, and takes her on a magical journey. The second act's cultural ballet scenes were different stripteases (Russians were in bondage gear with whips, the Arabians did belly dancing with veils, and the Sugar Plum Fairy was a pole dancer). I really couldn't believe no one had ever thought of this before.

It must have been so fun, especially for the people who had formal ballet training, to parody the Nutcracker. I know Tschaikovsky hated its success, since he wrote pretty much solely as a moneymaker. The actress who was Clara obviously had danced as a ballerina, she was even on point, and her over-the top "acting" was dead on.

I have the utmost respect for Sugar Dish, the director and head of Babes in Boinkland. I bet she's a blast to hang out with.

I'm doing very well on Christmas presents this year. One of my favorites is my dad's. I downloaded Moby Dick on tape and burned it all on CD (26 CDs total), and I'm going to give it all to him on a spindle so he can listen to it on his way to and from work. I've been listening to it in the car and at the gym, so when he's done, we're going to talk about it. He'll like that.

I love giving people presents. I'm quite excited about what I got DJGW, and what I got my mom and sister-in-law. I've even managed to get my close friends here small somethings.

No comments: