Thursday, August 7, 2008

*In less than 24 hours I will be HOME! I'm weirdly thrilled to be back in Indiana after months and months. I really miss my family sometimes.

*Last night Jamie, Steve, and I held the Cantab together while everyone was away at nationals. I waitressed for the first time during poetry and people were ridiculously generous, making it possible for me to take tonight off, which is good because I don't think I could have done it otherwise.

*My first friend finished my book and had very interesting insights. The gist was I think it's effective -- she got out of it what I wanted. I guess the fact that I can have these types of conversations about my book means I'm doing a good job.

*My friend Kat is back in the States after her Peace Corps time in Africa. When she left it seemed like she would never be back. In a way so much has happened, everything is so different, but in another way it seems like we were just sitting on my porch in Bloomington eating cheesebread and drinking complicated beers and having salons. I guess this is a pretty common human experiential phenomenon.

No comments: