Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yesterday was one of the best days I can remember having in a while. We used the nice afternoon for the first summer barbecue in our backyard. Cheeseburgers and pasta salad and martinis can do a shocking amount for the spirits, even when the fucking antibiotic you're on to treat your eye-infection is starting to give you a gross, uncomfortable rash on your face.

At night fire in the pit at Derek's with so many people I like so much. Alana and Mandy and Amanda and Jen and Sharyn and Erich and Jme etc. I can't believe there was a shitty, 20-odd-year period where I didn't know them. I can't remember ever being so much on the same page with a group of friends.

And so, in the end, I am blessed/lucky/fortunate, because bad shit happens, and when it does, it's the people around you and your work that gets you through. I love these people so much, and I'm in the healthiest relationship of my life with a disarmingly awesome man, and my Art Saves stickers are all over Boston, and I'm writing a Really Fucking Good novel, and I have a literary agent who is taking me out to dinner Thursday, and I'm finally learning to write real poetry, and I'm getting features and notices, and I have a few awesome tattoos on the way, and I'm going to visit my brother in Michigan in like three weeks, and I have a closet full of dresses and a computer and a colorful bedroom, and I'm 25 and beautiful even with the rash, and my name is Jade Sylvan.

No comments: