Friday, March 7, 2008

I feel 10X better. My mom left me yesterday not in the harried, spazzy state in which she found me, but calm and poised and ready and full of ideas and pastrami.

We ate many fabulous dinners (Oleana. Fuck.) and saw Juno. Not the Best Movie Ever or anything, but I liked it. It gave me a lot to steal for my teenage girl characters in the project I'm working on now.

Mom said she believed in me. That if she didn't think I would eventually be successful she would never encourage me on my current path. She would tell me to get a real job like all the other mothers. She does not want me wasting my time.

I definitely need to lay a little low for a while. I've been saying this for a while, but jesus, Jade, just do so already. I'm secretly such an extrovert it's hard for me to say no when people are doing things, but it's good for me and what I want to do to shut off every once in a while.

I guess I really miss my family. Sometimes I even miss the Midwest, but maybe that itself is a metaphor for my family. I pulled out The Dancing Wu Li Masters, a book my brother gave me a long time ago. I want suddenly to visit him in Michigan. We woke up one morning and our lives had become so different.

I have been posting sparsely because I feel like I have nothing interesting to say.

PS. Monday I got two copies of Spare Change in the mail, and upon perusing them, found that two of my old poems from Europe are published in them. Funny, I don't remember submitting there...

Lastly, all I want to listen to these days is Wilco, Spoon, and Broken Social Scene.

No comments: