Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Humbling to find yourself at 2:30am in need of only a stopwatch and a copy of Frankenstein, and realizing you have no means of obtaining either for at least several hours.

I'm writing a trilogy of Halloween poems from the perspectives of the Vampire, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein's Monster. Two down, one to go. It's fun to write about things that aren't me. Though I guess these things aren't me in the same way the obsessive protagonist in the Tell-Tale Heart wasn't Poe.

Yesterday I walked out of the house and spent twelve consecutive hours in others' company. Today I turned my phone off and only left the house to go to the library.

I also wrote a poem I want to post here about how I am with boys, but it would leave me very naked. Along the same current, I ran into Isis yesterday. To my surprise, we exchanged words numbering in the double digits.

It's a Libra day today. Everything's trying to balance itself out.

No comments: