Thursday, September 20, 2007

Had my first cigarette since Leah's birthday last night at the Cantab. Today I feel like death. My chest is heavy and angry, and I have a caffeine headache. I need my fix of espresso before I'm quite myself.

I'm old enough where I know how I react to thing. I know change is hard on me. I like working at my new store and like the people, but it will be a bit before I stop comparing everyone there to everyone at my old Starbucks. They were like my little neurotic Boston family. I can't get over thinking they're going to forget all about me when they don't see me every day.

This sleeping more than 3 hours a night thing is nice.

1 comment:

Lisa Reade said...

I do the exact same thing whenever I go to a new place. I ALWAYS match up every person I meet to some other person I once knew, and then neurotically start comparing every little detail about them. Mentally slap myself and say stop it, but it doesn't help, it's just the way I am.
Oh and stay away from those crotchety old men they're nothing but trouble.