Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My feature went well. I am happy with it. A lot of people came, which of course is nice. Sold a few books. Afterward, Erin Reardon and Tim Gager got me so drunk Al had to open for me this morning.

When I finally rolled out of bed, I texted my friend Andy and he, I, Al, and our friend Aili all went out to breakfast. It was a beautiful day and we decided to go to the beach, so we drove up to New Hampshire and lay all afternoon by the ocean. Aili gave me a seaweed bouquet, then we walked on the rocks and found snails and crabs. Andy dug a huge hole. I was happy just to lie in the sun in front of the sound of waves. We ate fried clams and our eighteen year old waitress hit on Andy, then I got an orange cream frappe.

We drove back as the sun was setting, all aware this was one of those good-to-be-alive days. I played iPod DJ. New England is really gorgeous.

Thank you so much to everyone who came out last night. I had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Sam said...

just wanted to reiterate that you were pretty fantastic last night; i say "reiterate," because i told you briefly in person--i was the korean kid with unkempt hair in the olive drab jacket. like your blog, too,

-sam