Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting finally better I think. A couple days off, some rest and some turkey and beef meatballs -- good old Italian cooking, real, like my grandma's, is all it takes sometimes. Ten hours of sleep and some colloidal silver. Bring up the mucus with saline. We'll be back in action soon.

In one week I'll be in LA, looking at the other ocean over which the sun sets.

I'm excited about reading again for the first time in months. Reading now Geek Love by Katherine Dunn, and it's Jesus exactly what I need to read right now, both for my writing and my life. Also one of those things that makes me feel incompetent, because how could I ever, you know?

Jeff Berger says that's what you gotta read. The best stuff you can never hope to compare to. No use reading shit.

He gave me Darconville's Cat, which is scary and thick with arcane words but I can't wait to read it, and I just received as birthday gift from my brother Infinite Jest and Gravity's Rainbow. These will easily last me the rest of the year.

1 comment:

deixis said...

oh, i really like geek love. you should check out nights at the circus by angela carter, too, if you like that...

-sam