Monday, July 30, 2007

Went to Out of the Blue tonight with my friend Lisa. I read a few poems from back in the spring that brought some interesting memories back. Lisa read and told me it was her first time reading in public, which surprised me because she was charismatic and cool. She's gonna help me make my book for my feature on August 13th at Stone Soup.

I look at my apartment which I do not clean. I think, who lives like this? Venti cups and old recycling. I haven't vacuumed in a month. My fridge has milk in front of old, curdled milk. My pantry has Rice Krispies. But could I be happy any other way? Is this not the life I pictured growing up. Beans from a can. Shitty shift job. Readings. Alcohol. Late nights. Beautiful, twitchy friends I'm in love with. Sporadic and intense periods of productivity. Yes, my sixteen-year-old self would be proud.

Be happy being alone. I got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one.

No comments: