Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Two Types of Pictures

1) Today I went downtown to help my friend Caleb out with a photo project. I had fun, but I know I would be a better model if I weren't so self-conscious. I'm also way more critical of my appearance than I'd like to be. (Caleb took both my profile picture and the picture to the right last summer in Indiana.)

2) I've been trying to see the world as the big picture. In the big picture, sadness, loss, longing, and pain are beautiful. I can't explain how, but I can see it when I see everything. I can see the big picture more and more, but sometimes it escapes me, and I become sad again. The creeping feeling of depression returns, sometimes for a day, sometimes a few hours. Calm has been coming back though. My mood lately can shift in an instant, and again I love the intricate play of the world.

No comments: