Saturday, April 14, 2007

Aloneness

The more I do so, the more I realize I'm tired of fulfilling social obligation. I'm so lucky to have so many beautiful, incredible friends, many of whom I don't keep in contact with nearly as much as I should or would like to, and so much work to do. Why should I spend even an hour with someone whose company I don't enjoy, doing something I don't like, just to be nice?

Am I finally to the point in my life where I'm comfortable being alone sometimes? Isn't that sort of necessary for a writer? The ability to say no, I need to be alone now, I need to work. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

And to anyone reading this, you of course should know if you are someone who I would traverse forests and tundras to see. No drama, just thoughts.

I'm getting some poems published in the near and less-near future. I'll keep you updated on where and when you'll be able to find them.

Love to the world,

JS

No comments: